CARPET CLEANING TIPSGet cleaning tips and tricks from our experts
Three Tips for Proper Carpet Care
from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Trust us, we know that carpet cleaning can be a literal chore. There are few people who actually enjoy pulling out the vacuum and cleaning their home. The problem is that this is required in order to keep your carpets looking as good as possible for as long as possible. A regular cleaning routine can help aid this process, and makes the entire process seem less overwhelming. By understanding the right way to clean carpet, you will save time and money from the get go!
Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great:
- Vacuum regularly with a well-functioning vacuum. Remember: empty your vacuum often for best results.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to attract more dirt.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 6 to 12 months to remove built-up dirt and dust. For the best results and benefits, try a more frequent 6-month cleaning routine.
Prevent Carpets From Getting Dirty in the First Place
It’s impossible to prevent all dirt from entering your home, but there are a few tips to help keep it as pristine as possible. The following helpful hints can stop dirt before it ever hits your carpet.
- Use mats. Outdoor and indoor mats or runners will catch dirt to greatly reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
- Take off your shoes . You can save wear and tear on carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before walking on your carpet.
- Change your air filters. Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet & furniture.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout San Francisco.
San Francisco Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Call for A Free Estimate: (415) 751-3379 Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-8pm