If you have kids, you know that accidents happen that unfortunately can turn bloody, Of course, your kids might not know that blood and carpets don’t mix very well and stains will occur. they don’t have to stay. Although bloodstains are extremely difficult to remove, the carpet cleaning experts here at North American Chem-Dry know a couple of tricks you can use to help get them out.
Blood Stain Removal Hacks
- Cold Water – You may have heard to use lukewarm water with carpet stains. This will actually cause problems with blood though so it’s important to only use cold water against a bloodstain. Here is a simple process that will begin to loosen up the dried blood.
- Get rid of any clots that have attached themselves to the fibers.
- Drench a cleaning cloth is some cold water.
- Use the cloth to dab at the stained area
- Hydrogen Peroxide – You may have to repeat the cold water tasks multiple times to remove the blots of blood. But once they are gone, use some hydrogen peroxide to create a “bubbling effect,” to lift out the remaining blood.
- Take an old sponge and put some hydrogen peroxide on it.
- Dab it onto the stained part of your carpet until it produces a “bubbling effect”
- Let it set in for a few moments.
- Soak up the leftover moisture with a dry rag.
- Laundry Detergent – If the stain isn’t going away after the cold water and hydrogen peroxide, spraying on laundry detergent might help.
- Apply liquid laundry detergent to the stain (maybe apply to a small area first to check for discoloration).
- Gently rub the detergent into the stain with your finger (don’t scrub the stain with another cleaning tool, like a sponge or rag, as it may worsen the stain).
- Try the cold water again and follow those steps.
- Absorb the moisture with a dry towel and see if the stain is gone.
Although these treatments are great, the blood may still prevail. We can’t guarantee them as 100% effective, but if the blood is still in the carpet after trying all of these, you’re not totally out of luck. All you have to do is give us a call.
Again, some stains are tougher and trickier than others. That’s why we say that we can remove virtually any stain, and thanks to our Hot Carbonating Extraction (HCE) process, we can say that if we can’t get it out then nobody can. Reach out to us today for more effective carpet stain removal throughout the San Francisco area.